It’s been 3 weeks and 2 days since I bought any clothes when I went out. Wow! This shows how determined I am about getting my manga box set. Speaking of determined, im determined to make sure that my parents make good of their promise to me. I was the only one in the family who objected to selling the house when they made the decision earlier this year. However, I finally gave up when they told me that they will stick to the few conditions that I set.
1) I get to pick my own furniture and appliances when we move house. My dad always picks furniture which I do not like. E.g. He wanted to install a ceiling fan in my bedroom and study room in the past to match the living room’s deco even though he knew I do not like ceiling fan. It took me a long time to convince him to only do that for my study room and I got a nice wall fan in my bedroom.
2) I get to claim every single amount of money I spend on my cab fares from my parents after we move house. My current house has a bus stop just downstairs with 7 buses for me to take when I go out and there are several bus stops 3minutes away from my house where there are many other bus services to take. MRT is just a 10mins walk away. At my new house, I have to walk 5 minutes to get to the nearest bus stop and only 2 services are available. MRT is at least a 20mins walk. Usually I take half an hour to get to sch but when I move house I need an additional 15mins at the very least! Wtf, do they expect me to adjust to it right away?
3) I am not going to live more than 9 years at my new house. I think 9 years is the longest grace period I can allow. I hate not having a study room for myself. Who heard of a book lover having a book self in her parents’ room??? Thus, I will save money once I start working and move to a bigger flat asap so that I can have a study room.
4) They do not interfere with what I am going to do between now and graduation. I just want to graduate straightaway. That is my biggest wish. I swear I will not set a single foot into NYP once I graduate. I cannot stand the place. After that I do not want to attend a local U. Im not interested to torture my poor gastric by going to a local U where the stress level is worse and the lunch time varies each day just like poly.
So do you think Im unreasonable? Yup, I often think that of me but what do you expect from an only child? Im used to being pampered by my parents and they know how stubborn I am so what can they do to me? I love my parents but if they want me to do things which I do not like then they will have to accept that I will stand firm on my ideals.
- Penned by
Anais.yfy
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow. i didn't know that u'll be moving house. where will u be moving to?
Hi Siting,
I am moving to Yishun..
Post a Comment