Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Boring day at work

It's hard to translate some of the sentences in this entry from Cantonese to English but I shall give it a shot. Recently, I am very addicted to Tong Sum Fong Bou(Heart of Greed), a Hong Kong drama. I love the character Tong Chi On(nickname Quite Ok) one of the male leads in the series!

The show is about a family who has a fortune of $0.6billion from a sea products business and the 2nd wife of Tong Yan Kai plotted to get her hands on the money and break the family up. You may think it is a typical storyline but as you watch it, you will get sucked into the show just as what happened with Dicey Business, another HK tv show that I was very hooked upon not too long ago. But I think this show is way nicer. Hehe.

It is all because I keep watching HK dramas on vcds that I can now speak Cantonese. Recalling the time I went to HK 4 years ago, I got questioned at the custom because I was alone and my parents had queued at different queues. The custom officer spoke to me in Cantonese and I could not understand a single word he said as the only words I knew how to speak then was "Thank you". Now if I were to go back to HK again, I would be able to greet the officer with a confident "Good morning", and speak a few sentences to the officer. I am just so addicted to the feeling of chionging HK dramas on vcds all night long with a tub of Haggen-Dazs ice cream in my hand. It rocks. Now I am looking forward to watch The Brink Of Law after I finish watching Heart of Greed(now at episode 30).

-Anais.yfy

No comments: