"You look great." - That was what someone commented yesterday. I looked in a mirror and surveyed myself. With a trendy Fox tank top, a Giordano mini jacket, an old pair of GUESS jeans and a huge agate necklace, I look like a typical teenager going shopping. I wondered what made me look different yesterday and finally concluded that it has to be my make-up. As my friends know, I wear little or almost no make-up on when I go to school or work but I do put on full make-up when I go shopping. The main reason why I do not put on make-up any other time is because I need at least 20mins to do it. Yes, the effects of putting on make-up is wonderful but there are so many steps to do it and is quite tedious sometimes. I have to apply base, loose powder, eyebrow pencil, eyeshadow, mascara, blush and lip gloss. So many things right? Haha.
Somehow, being on attachment has made me not just independent but made me change too. -nods- I have been trying to quit the horrible habit of shopping and I think I am finally halfway there! Nowadays, I am spending lesser and lesser money when I go shopping. Each time I will spend lesser than $15 on lunch only and buy nothing at all. Yay! And the biggest evidence was yesterday when I went to Orchard. In the past, I will usually shop for 7hrs in Orchard. However, I only spent 5hrs in Orchard yesterday! 5hrs including the 1.5hrs I spent in Singtel(where I met an ex-colleague whom I have not seen for more than a year), and the 0.5hrs in McDonalds for lunch. So technically, I only spent 3hrs shopping! And usually when I shop in town I will go home with 4 or 5 shopping bags from at least 3 different departmental stores, yesterday I only went home with 2, 1 from OG and 1 from Takashimaya. So cool!
Perservering till I KICK MY SHOPPING HABIT
-Anais.yfy
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment