With Valentine's Day being just around the corner, I could not help pondering over what real love is. And surprisingly, I found that it is tough to find "real" love. (Note: There's a diff between real love and true love)
When you like a person, you must be willing to adapt to your love one's life and make some changes to your own habits and vice versa. Sometimes, it is easy to do so, but in the process, you might realise that you are not as happy as before. It's still part and parcel of the dating process no? However, for most people, they can solve this problem in the long term if their love is true. This is what I mean by real love.
But, if you really like someone, you will find it hard to ask him/her to change for you because you are supposed to like them as who they are and that their own happiness come first before you yourself can be happy no? Which is why I conclude love is complicated.
I remember a hong kong tvb show that i watched not too long ago, and in it, the actor mentioned what each finger signify if u want to wear a ring on it. Starting with the thumb - Courtship, Propose, Engangement, Married, Divorce. I think it is so meaningful, sweet and true as indeed each part of the relationship between a couple changes. Thus, we should all cherish the people we love as each memory is precious and remember that Valentine's Day is not a day just for couples to enjoy but also those who are single to celebrate with their friends.
Anais.yfy
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You write very well.
Post a Comment