Friday, February 29, 2008

Day after the chalet

Yesterday was my class's chalet. I did the most intensive exercise for this month yesterday. This is roughly the amount of time I took to walk to and from all these places-
Blk 57 to East Coast park(BK area): 10mins
BK area to chalet: 15mins
Chalet to hawker center: 10mins
Hawker center back to chalet area: 10mins
Chalet area to Parkway Parade: 35mins
Chalet to Blk 57 bus stop: 20mins
Total: 1 hr 40 mins of walking time

A little crazy isn't it? And that did not include the time my friends and I shopped at Giant or while waiting for taxi.. Yesterday was interesting. I had dinner at the East Coast Park hawker centre with my class and shared a plate of rojak with meihong. Even though we used up much energy, meihong and I could not finish the food. Only felt like drinking loads of liquid.. Perhaps we were too dehydrated. After that, meihong and I went down to the beach to feel the breaking of the waves of sea water at our feet. The feeling is so relaxing, to look all around and see the vast area of blue water. After that we joined our classmates and went to Parkway Parade's Giant to buy food for their barbeque.

It was the first time that I went to a hypermarket to buy things with 13 other people. I think it was kind of fun.. Yes, I am being lame but I quite enjoy shopping at the Carrefour at Plaza Singapura and I always get to push a trolley around to buy stuff there once a month. However, yesterday was the first time I had to push a super heavy trolley that was filled with-
3 1.5 litres Sprite, 3 1.5 litres Coke, 4 bottles of juice, 1 bottle of Cranberry syrup, 6 cans of Ginger Ale, 4 1.5 litres Green Tea, 4 1.5 litres Mineral Water, 1 pack of 1.5kg frozen chicken wings, 1 bottle of Ketchup, 1 bottle of chilli, 1 bottom of terriyaki marinade, 2 packs of taiwanese sausage, 2 packs of hotdog, 2 packs of crab stick, 1 pack of turkey bacon, 1 bag of potatoes, 1 bag of sweet corn, 1 towel, 1 pack of maggi mee, 1 pack of cup noodles, 1 pack of dispoable forks, 1 pack of serviettes, 1 box of butter, 1 brush, 2 cans of longan in syrup.

In the end the bill was $120.. It's amazing that I could still remember almost all the items my class bought right? Practice makes perfect! Haha. After that 8 of us took taxi back to the chalet area with all the shopping bags. Maven, meihong, jonathan and me in the first cab and eric, sumin, michelle and hongyee in another. We had to wait 15 mins for a taxi which was considered a long time as we were tired from the walk and carrying all the heavy bags. While waiting we witnessed a police car stopping right in front of us before 2 policeman alighted and chased after a jay walker at the trafiic light at the box junction area. It was sort of shocking. After that, meihong and I nearly missed the last bus home. And that sort of ended my day at the outing..

Well, I am going to pen off now. Tomorrow I am going to post something about my shopping spree in town with Christina (I've not been to Orchard to shop for 3 weeks already, miss the atmosphere there!) and some things about what is going to happen from Monday onwards. Haiz..
Tired
-Anais.yfy

No comments: